Tuesday, December 15, 2009

Nope, not yet...

7 more families passed court today....that puts us, roughly 9th in line because I know of 2 families who did not pass court this round so that will take a few weeks at least to work out.  9th in line.....want to know the problem with that?  Each Embassy appointment is only for about 10 kids....sometimes 12.  Basically, it could take 1 person adopting siblings and we would be bumped to the next group.  Don't get me wrong, I want everyone to go...but I want to go too!  Yea, I whined.....
I want to be able to be home more with the kids....that way certain people can't call me a bad mother for trying to fund a trip around the world and save money to pay my bills while I am off work.  Ahhh, if only people could work as a team instead of trying to spell it with an 'I'.
More than anything, I just want to know....I don't need to know the date that we are leaving yet, although I am sure that will soon be my next complaint, but I want to know that leaving is imminent so I can tell my kids and we can get ready for our journey as a family no matter what the dynamics are.
It has only been since April since I started all the paperwork and even though that seems like a short amount of time....I did this once before.  Went through almost all of the paperwork and then became pregnant with Skylar.  It wears a person down doing all of this.  Trying to get in order all the things I have to buy....not to mention having to keep track of people "borrowing" from the 1/2 packed suitcase I already have.  Delaney tries to help but it's not like I can send her out to the store and say "buy some laxatives in case we need them over there"  She is good at checking off the list though but there is still so much to buy which isn't easy when your also saving for airline tickets.
In alot of ways I feel like I am totally alone in this....just waiting....

No comments:

Post a Comment