Monday, January 25, 2010

AHHHHHH....need help!

Ok, so there was a horrible accident with ET airlines.  Now, I ALWAYS feel bad when something like this happens but right now I am totally FREAKING out about it.  I hate to fly...always have and this is the longest flight I will every go on.  Even Dave said this morning maybe we both shouldn't go.

Don't get me wrong, I know God has my time planned and all I can do is use it wisely.  I can hope that he wants me to grow old with grandkids but that doesn't mean that is his plan.  That being said, I am scared to death of leaving Jace and Sky here with no parents.  Not saying anything will happen or that I am afraid my time is up.  I am afraid that my babies will not remember me.  This is not something new, I have always thought this....it is always exacerbated by airplanes though.  ET Airlines has only had 3 accidents in 20 years and from what I read this morning they have excellent safety standards.  Am I trying to talk myself into this trip?  Maybe.  But when David questions wether we should both go, that is cause for concern.

On top of all of this, I have a lot to do to get ready still...packing, money stuff....everything.  I have emailed the travel agency to find out how the credit will work if we don't both go.  Ironically, if we don't both go, I will still go with Delaney.  Makes no sense but it is a motherly thing.  Ofcourse so would staying here be....I don't know what to do....

1 comment:

  1. I've just been following your blog for a short time, but I feel the need to chime in as my husband is a very nervous flyer and we've dealt with this issue before.

    Depending on the nature of the problem, I think it's actually safer to fly shortly after an accident because everyone is more vigilant. Now, if it was a problem that would take a long time to check and fix with the whole fleet, then you'd obviously want to wait longer, but I haven't ever heard of something that bad (and my husband has looked!).

    I can't imagine adding more stress to your situation at this stage of your adoption. Hang in there!

    ReplyDelete